ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME)
As the trusted IT and network provider for more than 3 million government users, Leidos brings the domain experience and mission understanding to transform complex systems into modernized networks. We leverage innovations in technology and the creativity of our people to bring outstanding value to our customers. Leidos is the largest systems integrator and provider of IT services to the U.S. government, serving customers across all sectors. We bring decades of experience leading large-scale, secure government networks and mission-critical programs to bear. With recent new program wins for mission critical networks, our footprint in this market is growing, and so are opportunities to join our team.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME).
ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert responsibilities:
• Work on emerging high profile projects and will be considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for meeting the business and technical requirements for the organizations overall objectives.
• Interpret customer requirements and develops internal requirements and design solutions.
• Identify solutions based on alternative analysis, providing detailed assessments against requirements (technical, cost, business, security, schedule) as well as establishing baselines. Collaborate with ITSM process owners to design, develop, test and implement development solutions.
• Need to have the ability to clearly define risks and benefits of various approaches for a given need. Is able to create overarching strategies for design as it relates to monitoring the application, infrastructure, interfaces and critical business transactions to provide a comprehensive set of service level metrics and key performance indicators.
• Assist with simplification and standardization of Tools and Processes.
• Develop custom workflows utilizing modern web technologies.
• Configure out of the box workflows and create/maintain custom workflows.
• Integrate ServiceNow applications with 3rd party partners.
• Design and develop solutions that leverage ServiceNow modules like ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, Discovery, CMDB, and Knowledge
• Responsible for the design and build of ServiceNow Applications and integration to other applications and platforms; including architecture, languages, best practices and methodologies in an Agile Scrum environment.
• Developing user friendly catalog items with experience writing orchestration workflows
• Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
• Support data migration as needed, integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained.
• Ensuring the security architecture is consistent with federal standards and industry best practice
• Support system integration, test, acceptance and operations/maintenance during all phases of a program.
• Conducts or participates system requirements reviews, design reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews with concurrent engineering teams and contractors to monitor and measure the progress of a network or system being designed.
• Bachelor's of Science degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with 12+ years of professional experience; or a Master’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience; 20 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• Extensive experience with managing large databases.
• Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
• Facilitate requirements discussions with internal and external stakeholders and third-party contributors in support of lead project managers.
• Experience creating and managing project documentation per project goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Experience in Agile concepts, development, and testing methodology as applies to operating in Scrum teams.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Good understanding of ITIL.
• Experience in Hardware and Software Asset Management (HAM, SAM) modules.
• Experience with Application and Technology Portfolio Management (APM, TPM) modules.
• Experience with Event Management (EM) and integrations.
• Experience in the implementation, administration, maintenance and enhancements of ServiceNow.
• Hands-on experience with one or more implementation of ServiceNow ITSM, ITOM, ITBM, Discovery, CMDB, and Knowledge.
• Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform including creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request, Service Catalog, Asset, CMDB Management, etc.
• Experience developing custom applications within ServiceNow platform.
• Experience developing ServiceNow APIs, ServiceNow Workflows, UI Pages, UI Macros, Business Scripts, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Policies, Script Includes, and Security Rules (ACLs).
• Experience building custom automation workflows and development of customized modules
• Experience with ServiceNow upgrades.
• Experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems through SOAP or REST web services.
• Experience using Orchestrator and Workflow Editor to configure workflows and automate tasks.
• Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
• ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – ITSM
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – SAM
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist - ITOM
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – CMDB
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Discovery
• ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist- EM
• ServiceNow Suite – ITSM Pro
• ITIL V3/V4 Foundations Certified
• Integration experience (REST, SOAP, JSON/XML).
• Working knowledge of networking hardware/terminology
• Additional experience with modern telecommunications systems and networks.
• Experience with IBM Doors and Cameo Systems Modeler
• Familiarity with SysML and System Engineering modeling and design approach
• Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Working knowledge of the FAA and their engineering practices
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.