The QRC AISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide multi-purpose aerial platforms for today’s warfighter.
- Document, decompose, and derive requirements along with verification and validation (V&V) methods (including performance metrics) to ensure system performance and safety is achieved throughout the entire project lifecycle, from conception to decommission.
- Work with functional teams (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Integration Technicians, Pilots, Mission Operators/Analysts, etc.) to develop and manage system architecture based on the defined requirements and V&V methods, including performing trade studies and technical assessments.
- Perform and manage defined V&V methodology throughout the project, by hosting/attending technical reviews (e.g. System Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, etc.), reviewing technical documents (e.g. drawings, plans, reports, etc.), and managing the technical data package along with Project Engineering/Management staff for completeness/cohesiveness using Requirements Verification Traceability (RVTM) methodologies.
- Manage technical risks and mitigations via a Hazard Tracking System (HTS) based on industry and applicable certification standards, primarily related to airworthiness and flight safety.
- Collaborate with Project Engineering/Management staff in regards to schedule, budget, resource, and configuration management.
- Support the development and maintenance of engineering processes, including the management of process metrics and support in quality audits.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (e.g. Aerospace, Mechanical, etc.) w/ 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communications skills to interface with stakeholders, including the customer and project team.
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing.
- Eligible to obtain minimum of Secret clearance.
- Aerospace background with a technical understanding of or experience in:
- Aerodynamic principles and analyses
- Mechanical design, analyses, and test (including static, dynamic, and fatigue principles)
- Electrical design, analyses, and test (including electrical power and EMI/EMC principles)
- Aircraft weight and balance (AWBS preferred)
- Airworthiness certification (both civil and military)
- Manufacturing and integration principles (e.g. composite, sheet metal, and machined parts)
- Safety analyses and risk management (IAW MIL-STD-882E)
- Ground and flight testing
- Failure Modes, Effects, and Critically Analysis (FMECA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Quality management (of both products and processes)
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Relevant certifications, such as INCOSE, PMP, or Six Sigma certifications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.