The Leidos Cybersecurity, Architecture, and Engineering (CAE) organization has an immediate opening for a mid-level, and motivated Application Cyber Engineer. This role can be supported remotely or from one of the following locations: Gaithersburg, MD, Reston, VA or Orlando, FL.
As a member of the Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering Team (CAE), the Application Cyber Engineer will primarily interface with the CIO Services Organization to further mature the corporate application security program at Leidos. The role requires solid foundations in application security, common project lifecycles/frameworks. If you have experience with common enterprise SaaS/Cloud application hosting principles that’s a bonus. The candidate’s primary responsibilities include developing cybersecurity requirements for enterprise application integration or enhancement along with a team of peers.
- Act as a mid-level technical Cybersecurity Engineer supporting Enterprise Applications at Leidos.
- Work closely with other Cybersecurity Architects and Engineers with different areas of expertise (other Application security SMEs, and Networking, Endpoint, Cloud, Mobile, etc.). This includes providing Applications Security insight into their initiatives, and leaning on this vast pool of talent to help solve Network/Endpoint/Cloud/Mobile roadblocks within Application Security initiatives.
- Participate in security Design Engagement Reviews (DERs) for Enterprise Application Projects.
- Work with developers to improve secure code standards and practices at Leidos globally.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in Information Security with a real passion for the field. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will qualify in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance and therefor have US citizenship. Individuals do not need to possess a clearance today.
- Must have a background in Application Security, and basic knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles/Processes. The candidate could reflect qualifications highlighting models varying from Waterfall to agile SecDevOps.
- Must have familiarity with securing web application deployment architectures considering Web, App, and DB tiers.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A self-starter who can execute using a combination of learned skills, personal networking, and grit to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, and demonstrate poise in communicating with non-technical audiences.
All of the below are not requirements, but would bring significant value to the team:
- Experience with Web Application Firewalls (WAF), Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB), or Secure Web Gateways (SWGs) would add significant value.
- A basic understanding of Cloud IaaS/SaaS delivery models with experience in any one of the following: AWS, Microsoft, Google, or Oracle clouds. This will set the foundation for what it takes to migrate an Enterprise Service to IaaS/SaaS.
- A history that includes of programming experience (Java, C/C++, Go, Python, or others) that will ground the Security Engineer in the realities of the development lifecycle.
- Experience with ERP business systems used in large corporate enterprises (Workday, PeopleSoft, etc.) would be a bonus.
- Having a general understanding of Database Security as it applies to an Enterprise Reporting Architecture using reporting products such as Microsoft Power-BI, Oracle OBI, IBM COGNOS, and other reporting and visualization products.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing relational and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) that would ground the Security Engineer in the realities of data centric architecture security.
- Experience with common developer knowledge management/baseline management technologies (Gitlab, Confluence, BitBucket, Request Tracker, Atlassian, Jira, Contabulo, Remedy Knowledge Management, etc.) would ground the security engineer in the realities of secure baseline configuration management.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Security Architecture and Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.