The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Systems Administrator to support work in our Edgewood, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping an Army program. In this mission, we provide systems to Army Installations across the United States.
Responsible for performing as the Senior Software Specialist for managing the process of building, integrating, testing, and coordination for enterprise level software applications supporting the deployment of systems to the individual Army installations. The responsibility includes giving direction, technical analysis and guidance to Enterprise Software Specialists and Database Administrators The Enterprise Senior Software Specialist takes tasking from the Enterprise Software Applications Manager and the DPM to implement the various software related configuration, build, remediation and deployment tasking’s.
Primary duties include:
- Being proficient about building, integrating and support deployment of the enterprise systems being deployed to Army Installations Facial Recognition Systems and kiosk systems integration.
- Provide support as a Help Desk Tier 2 SME when requested to resolve complex software and application issues in the field or in the system lab that are not solved by Enterprise Software Specialists and Database Administrators.
- Responsible for the tracking of orders to ensure deadlines are met and status is provided to the Enterprise Software Application Manager and the DPM.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to & for safe storage and use of images for the various system components and for ensuring that Enterprise Software Specialists and Database Administrators are building and storing images securely for all systems.
- Provide updates to the Monthly scheduling process enabled by the Master Scheduler
- Provide updates to the Tier 1 Help Desk personnel on the status of trouble tickets that are assigned.
- Prepare/Provide information for and present at the monthly IPT program meetings with the Government
- Generate various reports as needed
- Must be a US Citizen and possess or be eligible for a Secret clearance.
- Must have a BS Degree and have 12+ years of experience to include experience and knowledge of large IT programs, managing technical teams, and customer care operations ability to work firsthand with customers. Work experience and Microsoft certifications maybe substituted for college degree.
- Must have experience in :
- Windows Server 2012/2016 hands-on experience
- SQL Server Configuration 2014/2016/2017 beyond a DBA level of knowledge.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience with Active Directory: users, groups, privileges, group policies, site configuration, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Clustering
- Basic knowledge and understanding of TCPIP and fundamental networking
- Server Hardware Configuration
- Hands-on experience with Server Backup and Recovery procedures
- Hands-on experience with Patching, scanning and STIG compliance of servers
Must have the following certifications:
- IAT level II certified, either CompTIA Security +CE or other DOD 8570 certification
Requires the ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
- Familiarity with Secure Host Baseline and Imaging
- Handing PII for commercial and Government customers
- Working knowledge/experience and hands-on experience with WSUS and/or SCCM, Virtualization VMWare or Cloud Computing.
- CISSP Certification
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.