Technical Documentation Writer/Editor
Leidos is seeking a mid-level Systems Engineering Technical Documentation Writer/Editor. The successful candidate will be assisting in the development (writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support) of technical manuals updates based on engineering whitepapers and problem reports (PRs). The candidate will be responsible for creating and modifying technical diagrams using tools such as Visio or Microsoft PowerPoint; reviewing technical changes; provide editorial changes per FAA documentation standards. Air Traffic knowledge or experience nice to have, but not required. This position could be located at the William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City New Jersey or Leidos facility in Rockville Maryland or virtual. Candidate will be required to represent Leidos to the FAA customer in a positive manner, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in adjusting to shifting work requirements in an environment that can be fast-paced.
Technical Documentation Writer/Editor Responsibilities:
• Assisting with technical documentation development and lab validation for review and approval by FAA Second Level Engineering personnel.
• Establish and maintain a direct working relationship with FAA Book Owners, Second Level Engineering, and Technical Manuals representatives responsible for the FAA systems fielded by Leidos.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated direct experience developing and implementing large-scale technical changes on compressed schedule deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work without appreciable direction, modulating schedule to meet and exceed schedule targets.
• Working knowledge of XML editor (i.e. PTC Arbortext)
• Demonstrated ability to review and provide editorial comments for content developed by other team members.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.