Do you want to join a high-performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your signal processing skills to state-of-the-art research and development problems? The Leidos Innovation Center currently has an exciting opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
The Signal Processing Engineer will conduct research and development in the areas of data analysis, algorithm development, and modeling/simulation in the radar and ladar sensor domains. Addressing our customers’ challenging mission requirements necessitates research and development of new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements. Additionally, the engineer will be called upon to develop new and innovative solutions to challenging problems, helping our customers provide top notch solutions for the Warfighter. The successful candidate will work as part of integrated team, but should also be proficient at conducting independent research. Responsibilities will also include contributing to technical marketing of new efforts and providing inputs to proposals.
The types of interesting things you may do:
- Develop sensor data exploitation algorithms using Python and MATLAB
- Create Machine / Deep Learning models for sensor data processing and classification.
- Design experiments to test algorithms and develop performance models
- Apply modeling and simulation techniques to create synthetic data for algorithm trade analysis or to create training data sets for AI/ML approaches
- Brief your work to your colleagues, our customers, and at workshops / conferences
- Contribute to the growth of business by aiding marketing and proposal efforts
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field and 2+ years of experience
- US citizenship
- Prior coursework and/or project experience with image and signal processing algorithm development
- Adept at Python and MATLAB
- Baseline understanding of kinematics, physics
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Active SECRET clearance, with an ability to obtain a TS//SCI clearance
- Master’s degree (or higher)
- Two years’ experience in algorithm development, including pattern recognition / classification
- Experience processing radar or EO/IR/Ladar sensor data
- C++ development in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with PyTorch
- Familiarity with Gitlab
- Proficient in Linux virtualization and containerization
- AFSIM experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.