Leidos is seeking a Program Manager to support one or multiple international Skyline program(s) who will be responsible for key aspects of program execution, reporting to the Senior Program Director. Leidos’ Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems operate across 60 percent of the world’s air traffic and 80 percent of the world’s oceanic airspace with over 5000 operational controller-working positions. SkyLine-X built from the best components of proven, globally deployed air traffic management technologies, enables air navigation service providers to manage the flow of air traffic from takeoff to landing, dynamically adjusting journeys in the air to make air traffic flow faster, safer, and more environmentally friendly. SkyLine provides a comprehensive integrated air traffic control and management system for customers in Korea, Albania, Kazakhstan, New Zealand, UK, and is expanding in Asia, Middle East, and Europe.
Reporting to the SkyLine Director, the role will lead a cross functional team for the successful implementation of programs or captures.
Program Manager Responsibilities:
• Planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives within scope, time, and budget constraints.
• Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel
• Identifying and implement mitigation for risks and opportunities
• Preparing and reporting on program financials utilizing Earned Value management
• Ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules
• Engaging international customers and partners through effective communication to build trust that lead to follow on contracts
In addition to program performance tasks, the candidate should also be ready to:
• Collaborate with business development in identifying and developing new opportunities, including but not limited to attending trade shows, workshops and engaging partners
• Attain and monitor local agents and local subcontractors if required
• Leading capture team to develop proposals, management volume and project scope descriptions
• Develop Basis of Estimate for proposals and working with pricing
• Position is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland but telework will be considered.
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Experience in managing complex IT application/system development, engineering, and sustainment efforts. This person will need to be very familiar with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
• Sufficient understanding or experience with operations issues including Materials Acquisition, BoM development, System Design, Development and Deployment, Maintenance and Implementation, Quality Assurance, Subcontract Management, and Hardware Engineering.
• Able to work in competitive commercial markets, familiar with export control regulations, INCOM TERMs, respect other cultures and willing to travel internationally
• Experience working with treasury in resolving financing requirements such as performance bond, local tax
• Familiar with international trade regulations, FCPA and security requirements
• Experience with firm fixed price (FFP) type contract bidding and program execution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior Program Management or related experience with managing major large Air Traffic Control system Implementation and development programs.
• Prior experience working in commercial, international projects.
• Mastering of a foreign language is an added bonus.
• Diverse experience or job rotation in multiple functional disciplines a plus
• PMP Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.