The Cartographic Analyst - Journeyman will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart and Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion, Production and Review as well as provide support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Digital Nautical Chart and or Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion production by performing Cartographic and GIS analyst functions
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery
- Updating source and source catalogs and information
- Data Conversion/migration
- Script writing / generation to improve efficiency of the production process
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- Willing to work 2nd shift
- BA degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance required, with willingness to obtain a polygraph upon request
"Eligible External Referral"
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.