Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos, as the prime contractor for the United States Antarctic Program, is seeking a talented Solution Architect to join our team in Centennial CO to support our customer, the National Science Foundation. This position will involve hardware and software systems architecture, technology planning for ongoing integration activities across multiple programs, as well as designing and delivering solution architectures and implementation roadmaps for various elements of the United States Antarctic Program. In this role you will be expected to heavily contribute to business integration outcomes and drive customer success.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with functional area leads to determine business, technology, and systems architectures and interfaces.
- Set architectural principles and governance; and participate in functional and project technology reviews.
- Provide technical leadership to deliver an innovative product, service or, at higher levels, a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem.
- Work closely with Business System Analysts and Systems Engineers throughout the product/service ideation-to-retirement lifecycle to assess upcoming technology and systems impacts.
- Must be able to working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives that will have significant impact on operational results and project deliverables.
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts; along with perform deep analyses to understand the impact on end-users and products.
- Develops solutions to known technical problems and emergent issues, which are often unclear.
- Interact and communicate directly with internal and client project team members.
- Work to influence various team members regarding solution design, process and approaches.
- Translates solution architectures and technical concepts into presentations and proposals for a non-technical audience.
- BS and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- This role requires deep knowledge of relevant frameworks such as TOGAF, DODAF, EA3 and their implementation.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment to Antarctica may be required in this position, at the discretion of management. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.