Leidos is seeking a Systems Analyst Sr. in Austin, TX. This role does not have remote ability, we do not provide relocation.
Various Shifts available
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans
An Application Systems Analyst, Sr. must have extensive IT experience in the analysis, design, and integration of information systems and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) and development software. Must be well versed in understanding structured analysis and design methodologies for the translation of systems requirements from business needs with a proven track record. Must be able to evaluate cost factors and risk. The Application Systems Analyst must have experience in conducting analysis of various commercial off-the-shelf computer applications and internal applications and identify strengths and weaknesses for use in different environments. They must also have experience in the study of application and the consumption of system resources and be able to detect problems such as dead locks, run away jobs as well as security issues. A Senior Application Analyst must be able to direct and guide junior members of a project team and give feedback to developers
Required experience with Service Now, Introscope, Splunk, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets. Desired experience with Solar Winds, XpoLog, CA Tools (UIM, Spectrum), and Aternity.
Required Administration Skills:
- Large infrastructure environment experience. Data Center experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, incidents and problems, work to resolve issues timely and determine fault or underlying issue. Work with both customer and vendor personnel.
- Escalate or transfer tickets appropriately to VA staff that can resolve the issue further
- Coordinate with stakeholders of ticket status or request system changes.
- Maintain accurate documentation for assigned workspace and procedures, updating procedures including, but not limited to software, hardware layers.
- Ability to work with customers of various technical abilities.
- Understand and utilize de-escalation techniques when working with difficult customers.
- Work independently and receive minimal guidance on work assignments
- Comfortable moving from one project or issue to another rapidly and without notice.
- Extensive server hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
Required tool Skills:
- Extensive server hardware troubleshooting knowledge and experience.
- Monitor and report on application behavior analytics, conducts smart triage by identifying, diagnosing and coordinating resolution of performance problems before they impact end users, and participates in rapid root cause diagnosis of problems occurring within the application and infrastructure.
- Monitor high value Business-centric transactions and manages response actions.
- Required operational experience with Service Now, Introscope, Splunk, AppDynamics, and Dynatrace application monitoring toolsets. Desired experience with Solar Winds, XpoLog, CA Tools (UIM, Spectrum), and Aternity.
- Identify the functional domain in which problems reside (Server Utilization, network Saturation, Application Tuning).
- Detect change of state conditions that have significance for management of Configuration Items (CIs) and IT services.
- Ensure all events are communicated IAW SOP and/or takes further corrective action with the application owner.
- Participate in all Major Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis calls and provides expert troubleshooting support as needed.
- Escalate as per criticality matrix definitions
- Notify the internal/external stakeholders per procedure
- Provide APM input to daily shift reports and metrics.
- Bachelor Degree and 5 years of experience. 8 years of relevant work experience is accepted in lieu of Degree
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Federal Contract requirement.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience in participating in information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Supports SLA monitoring and engagement activities.
- Desired experience with Solar Winds, XpoLog, CA Tools (UIM, Spectrum), and Aternity
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.