Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking an Industrial Control System Specialist that will act as the Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) department’s primary point of contact for all Industrial Control System (ICS) integration and upgrade efforts within the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). The candidate will work closely with all ICS technical stakeholders to meet operations and support function requirements. The candidate will also assist in developing ICS documentation, develop processes and procedures for securing and maintaining ICS assets, contribute to IT&C network infrastructure lifecycle planning, manage the ICS work backlog and product delivery schedule.
The Industrial Control System Specialist will engage with and play an integral role in the operation and function of an ICS Working Group responsible for improving the maintenance and security of all USAP ICS assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with external customers to establish and maintain expectations.
- Identify, plan, and execute development of ICS related deliverables defined by external customers and approved by ACS management.
- Coordinate with ICS stakeholders to meet operations and support function requirements. Stakeholders include Information Technology & Communications (IT&C), Facilities Engineering, and Operations departments.
- Lead the development of ICS documentation including System Overviews, Current Architecture, Future Architecture, and Gap Analysis.
- Evaluate and document PLC systems for electrical power control.
- Assist planning ICS integration and deployment efforts with all stakeholders.
- Represent the IT&C stakeholders in ICS working group meetings.
- Coordinate ICS networks operations and security functions with system stakeholders including: Manage and secure network infrastructure (e.g. port security, certificate management, etc.); Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot firewalls and access control lists; Implement, configure, and sustain computer security (e.g. Active Directory, Domain Policies, Patch Deployment, Antivirus, and Whitelisting).
- Apply concepts, principles, and methods for network connectivity (e.g. routing, switching, tunneling, and IP addressing).
- Employing Secure Technical Implementation Guidance (STIG) and government security standards.
- Assist project teams.
- Other tasking as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Excellent technical writing capability
- Excellent technical diagraming capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others in a diplomatic and professional fashion
- Experience integrating ICS infrastructures into a modern IP network
- Experience securing ICS infrastructures
- Experience with primary network topologies, LANs/WANs (Ethernet), TCP/IP protocol (IPv4) and other common network standards.
- Knowledge of network architectures and technologies
- Understanding of and experience applying Information Security concepts to core network infrastructure and data transport.
- Ability to perform fault isolation and resolution in a methodical, thorough manner.
- Ability to partner with peers, clients, and stakeholders
- Accountability for all actions
- Customer service focus
- Continual Learning focus
- Personal Resilience
Travel Requirements: Deployment to an Antarctic research station for between four to six weeks per year may be scheduled, but is not required. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.
- Current & valid Cisco certifications including CCNP, CCDA, CCDP and CCIE.
- Current and valid ICS certifications including GICSP, GRID, GCIP.
- Familiarity with NIST 800-82: Guide to Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Security.
- Knowledge of building automation systems.
- Knowledge of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Knowledge of Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
- Experience with the unique requirements of operating in Antarctica.
- Experience with Project management, cost estimation, cost analysis, scheduling, tasking, staffing, and reporting.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.