The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Product Owner supporting the C4ISR Solutions Operation in our Omaha, NE facility. The candidate will support and guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of programs focused on modernizing a variety of software systems. The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide oversight, guidance, management support, and other related duties in one or more phases of software systems development, system integration, or system sustainment.
The Product Owner is accountable for managing the product backlog for software projects and, in that capacity must perform the following activities:
- Translate often confusing, incomplete, or contradictory requirements into a clear, concise, and consolidated product backlog
- Clearly define and prioritize product backlog items, including establishing acceptance criteria in close collaboration with external and internal project stakeholders.
- Ensure the product backlog is visible and transparent so stakeholders can easily understand what the project team is developing now and will develop in the future.
- Communicate with the development team(s) to ensure a consistent and unambiguous understanding of all items in the product backlog so that implementation meets the intent of each requirement.
- Assist in system architecting, trade-off analyses, development of detailed design artifacts, defining the project’s test and delivery strategy, and supporting the project manager.
- Draft and maintain the necessary engineering plans, processes, and procedures to communicate engineering processes with internal and external program stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Management, or relevant field with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 2-4 years of experience or 2 with a Masters. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity with Agile software management and continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience with system requirements management, including requirements gathering and decomposition.
- Experience with high-level software system design and development of design artifacts.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, including the ability to logically create structure and order from unstructured inputs.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work collaboratively with software development teams and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or greater.
You will wow us even more if you have these preferred qualifications/skills:
- Familiarity with Agile software management tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery.
- Active DoD TS security clearance or greater.
- USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.