The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a talented Test Engineer to come work in our facility in Omaha, NE to help us shape, test, and deliver new software solutions to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
The Test Engineer is responsible for documenting, managing, and executing both manual and automated test cases in order to maximize the quality of software delivered to the customer. You will use common task tracking products like Jira to enter bugs found during testing and manage test cases to ensure traceability to user requirements.
This is some of the cool stuff you will be doing in this position:
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Verify specific action or function of code and demonstrate successfully to Product Owner.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Interact with senior management and other engineers
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or greater.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies. Might be able to consider additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Requires 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets.
- Test Driven Development.
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation.
You will wow us even more if you have these preferred skills/qualifications:
- Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes through an agile development lifecycle. Strong analytical skills and experience with Microsoft development environments, and test execution in pharmacy and/or industrial automation environments.
- Active DoD TS security clearance or greater.
- USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.