The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a talented Configuration Manager to come work in our facility in Omaha, NE to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. This role will support all activities owned by the CM team, this includes maintaining the baseline of current software versions, tracking compatibility of both internal and external software baselines, and ensuring versioning of documentation is current. This also includes documentation, architecture diagrams, cloud cost control methodologies and reporting, and other projects while requiring significant collaboration with other teams, program management, and customer stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Might be able to consider additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Significant experience as a Configuration Manager using tools such as Git, Jenkins and Nexus.
- Proven experience managing multiple baselines across multiple environments.
- Experience improving and auditing deployment processes.
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies.
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat.)
- Ability to develop a team backlog, plan and prioritize work.
- Creation of Version Description Documents (VDDs.)
- Active DoD Secret security clearance or greater.
You will wow us even more if you have these preferred skills/qualifications:
- Experience establishing or significantly improving an existing CM system and process
- Experience leading Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Experience with construction of architectural diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
- Active DoD TS security clearance or greater
- USSTRATCOM or ISPAN familiarity
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.