Are you ready to join Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show how to accelerate your career path.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you, our next Web-Services API Developer to develop the web-services that support web-applications on a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a developing NMEC program. The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community partners. D3P is continuing to advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
You will work closely with architects, systems engineers, software and data engineers, and data scientists on key tasks employing agile development processes and operating in a cloud environment, performing requirements analysis and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications, and supporting applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed. The position will be based out of our Arlington, VA office with access to our government customer facilities in either Reston, VA or Bethesda, MD upon receiving the appropriate security clearance.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments, as well as a solid understanding of the lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation in an Agile framework.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
• Develop web API interfaces by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests.
• Rapid application prototyping and direct user interaction.
• Code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software.
• Develop software to support sponsor prototypes, operational software, and internal research efforts.
• Integration of platforms leveraging APIs (REST, JSON etc.)
• Use containerization technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
• Use container orchestration tools like Helm
To be successful in this role you need the following:
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline with at least 4 years relevant experience
• Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
• 2 years experience and understanding of concepts such as AJAX, asynchronous programming
• 2 years experience with Python web-service frameworks like Flask
• 2 years experience with developing web-services that use JSON or REST interfaces; negotiating interfaces with the back-end developers, performing REST calls and interacting with data structures
• Good communication and documentation (Confluence) skills are a must
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Knowledge of integrating web-applications with NoSQL datastores (e.g. ElasticSearch)
• Knowledge of using scalable messaging tools (e.g. Kafka)
• Knowledge of building APIs that serve user-facing analytics
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.