The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a talented Lead Systems Administrator to come work in our facility in Omaha, NE to help us shape, develop, and deliver new software solutions to our customers and launch new products and capabilities.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for leading a team to manage configuration and operation of client/serve-based system, including ESXi Server, LAN/WAN Equipment, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, Windows PCs, MacOSX, Atlassian products (JIRA Confluence, BitBucket,etc), and LDAP. Optimizing system operation and resource utilization and performing system capacity analysis and planning. Providing assistance to users in accessing and using systems. Also responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining local networks and servers.
This is some of the cool stuff you will be doing in this role:
- Managing the tasking and performance for other system administrators
- You will provide support in the following areas and manage associated system infrastructures and any processes related to these systems:
- Implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of multiple systems (both customer-facing and internal programs).
- Plan for infrastructure support and upgrades that support corporate network initiatives
- Troubleshooting affected systems in lab environment and deployed systems (possibly via HelpDesk if applicable), including day-to-day operations, monitoring, and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution.
- Dispatching system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Escalation and communication of status to other Tier Help Desks, government management, and internal customers. Must have experience in one or more systems and architectures and associated hardware: client/server based.
- May be tasked with creating, maintaining and coordinating project activities with multiple components.
- Work with engineers from other projects and organizations to leverage on-board expertise to support existing and future implementations.
- Help install and/or troubleshoot Leidos software installed at client sites.
To be successful in this role you must have the following basic qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 8 years’ experience (or Master’s degree and a minimum of 6 years; experience). Might be able to consider additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Experience maintaining and configuring LAN/WAN Equipment & Firewalls.
- Experience maintaining and configuring LDAP.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Bash Shell and Scripting.
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency configuring and managing Linux Servers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Experience configuring and managing Windows Servers
- Experience with ESXi Server virtualization software
- Experience with Failover Cluster Manager
- Experience with AWS (ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, Route53)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.