We seek a proven leader to grow and manage a $230M+ division within Integrated Management Operation. The Energy and Environment (E&E) Division serves commercial, federal, state, and local clients to provide energy, environmental and climate consulting, and engineering services nationwide and abroad. Successful candidates would need to thrive in a fast-paced environment driven by strong growth potential within a highly competitive market. Must be a self-starting high-energy leader focused upon delivering results. Significant customer facing engagement is expected in order to shape and position to win new business.
The VP/DM will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Integrated Missions, and will be responsible for directing and growing division commitments for all customer, employee, program, financial and new business short- and long-range strategies.
This leadership role will proactively build and leverage relationships with other division managers, group staff and functional support and be expected to collaborate across the company and exhibit teamwork to contribute to division, group, sector, and enterprise success. Engages in strategic thinking by understanding “big picture” analysis both from the technological and business case perspectives for both new and existing market initiatives.
The VP/DM is expected to establish and manage customer and business partner industry relationships while creating new capabilities and increasing market share in new markets or white space opportunities. The VP/DM must demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development.
The VP/DM will be a key leader to grow Leidos’ Energy and Environmental Science portfolio comprised of multiple contract types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.) and will establish objectives, plans and budgets; manage the operational, financial and technical performance of the division; maintain a performance-oriented organization; work with the Operation BD team to identify, capture, and win profitable business opportunities; increase base by growing organically and promoting Leidos direct labor on existing programs.
Work location is negotiable, but Reston, VA is preferred.
Travel to program locations is expected, as needed, approximately 25% of the time.
- A STEM Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree desired.
- 15 years organizational operations experience with increasing levels of responsibility, and 10 years of supervisory/management experience strongly preferred.
- Proven progressive success with leading organizations in growth, continuous improvement, and change. Proven track record and success in growing and developing organizations with a variety of contract types (e.g., CPFF, T&M, FFP) with annual sales responsibility of $100M+ and/or a large portfolio of contracts.
- Candidate should have expertise in program management, capture management, proposal development, and risk management.
- Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers. Achievement of high levels of customer intimacy and collaboration.
- Ability to establish/articulate a strategic vision and achieve meaningful change and growth.
- Demonstrated ability to build, engage, and empower a leadership team and an established workforce to include talent management and development.
- Strong communication skills and proven ability to create a culture where employees are motivated to succeed through collaboration, clear and open communication and transparency.
HIGHLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated successful recovery of a red program.
- PMP Certified
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Division Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.