Leidos is looking for an Editor to support a client’s requirements in a challenging, dynamic setting located in the McLean, VA area. The Editor will support the publication of a monthly newsletter for members of the Intelligence Community. The Editor will engage with authors to remove classified information, while maintaining the value of the articles. The Editor will interface with multiple customers during the publication of the newsletter. The Editor will compile articles and graphics for the newsletter, and work with multiple customers to gather content for the newsletter. The Editor will oversee the publications of the newsletter, paying close attention to grammar and style guide standards. The Editor will manage the customer’s Intranet page; updating content and information as necessary. The Editor will interact with customer personnel at all levels within their organization in order to meet mission objectives. Responsible for writing, editing, proofreading and/or providing writing support on non-technical and/or technical documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications. Types of writing and editing could include, technical, creative, digital, marketing, and product development.
- Experience working with classified and open source databases
- Ability to read and process all-source intelligence reports and implement directives
- Previous experience reviewing Finished Intelligence products
- Experience coordinating with multiple IC partners
- Strong editorial judgment, sharp editing capabilities, and the ability to work with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong attention to detail and previous writing experience supporting an IC customer
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take on new jobs with little oversight in order to produce a finished product
- Knowledgeable of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Ability to adhere to a writing style guide for all branding and messaging
- Must be comfortable with taking meeting minute notes and documenting appropriate information on behalf of the customer
- Experience in journalism, online content development, or similar experience is strongly desired
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph is required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.