Leidos Operational Accounting team is looking for a Service Center Accountant - Lead. The Service Center Accountant - Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Responsible for providing training internally to the Service Center Accountants, as well as external customers on various policies and processes within Service Center Accounting.
- Ability to interface with Government Compliance, Internal audit, DCAA, DCMA, and other audit departments or customers as required for issue resolution or other requests.
- Prepare reports/analysis for review by accounting management, and ensuring audit deliverables are accurate and submitted timely. All deliverables should be prepared in accordance with PR-FN-3.17, GAAP, and Government Regulations.
- Review and approve service center allocations, service center plans, and engage with teammates to ensure the broader objectives of allocations and planning are met.
- Lead Service Center team through indirect accruals, improving the current processes and support, and training analysts on accruals when needed.
- Support operational accounting objectives, including accrual and journal entry preparation or approval.
- Maintaining a high level of customer service within our team and among other teams we work with by creating transparent processes, effective communications, and developing ways to eliminate process bottlenecks.
Please note that this is mainly a full time telework position. If you reside near a Leidos Accounting Hub (Arizona, Tennessee, Virginia, Alabama), there may be opportunities to engage with the teams on-site on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum of 4 years of related experience or Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, specifically, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve.
- Strong computer skills including proficient experience with Microsoft Excel, intermediate capabilities with running queries and understanding general ledger systems.
- Should have a flexible work schedule and the ability and eagerness to work additional hours during surge or accounting close weeks.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.