The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop MASINT signal processing, detection, and machine learning software in Chantilly, VA for the Electronic Warfare and Signal Intelligence division. The division’s primarily focus is on research & development and advanced prototyping. Come join a team of scientists, engineers and operations experts conducting applied research and development, including the development and assessment of signal processing algorithms against real-world data.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the design and development of advanced signal processing software as a part of multi-disciplinary teams. These teams are made up of other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of hardware, software, firmware, machine learning and signal processing.
• Designing, implementing and testing software that transitions MATLAB and Python-based algorithms to embedded hardware, Raspberry Pi and/or Android platforms that interface with front-end signal processing hardware to convert radio frequency (RF) data into intelligence products.
• Supporting continuous integration and DevOps based development, including unit tests and documentation generation.
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 2-4 years of relevant experience
• 2-4 years of C/C++, JAVA (or similar) object-oriented software development experience
• Experience using Agile and DevOps software tools (Jira, Git/BitBucket, etc.)
• Experience and understanding of basic signal processing concepts
• Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 2 years of relevant experience
• Existing security clearance
• Experience with some or all of the following programming languages: MATLAB, Python, C, C++, Java, Kotlin
• Experience with programming on embedded hardware systems, Raspberry Pi and/or Android
• Experience and understanding of software-defined radios (SDRs)
• Experience with Machine Learning (ML) and/or Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms and libraries
• Experience with Computer Vision (CV) algorithms and libraries such as OpenCV
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.