The Aircraft Records Data Entry Technician will be responsible for the overall management and sustainment of all aircraft log books and parts certification documentation required to verify airworthiness. This position may require travel or to other program areas in the Middle East as mission dictates.
• Utilize Maintenance Management Information System (MMIS) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required by customer.
• Performs audits of maintenance paperwork versus the data in MMIS.
• Perform detailed daily audits and validation of flight logs. Ensures the times recorded on the flight logs are accurate (dates, flight hours, cycles, etc.).
• Verifies/Audit for completeness of OEM documentation; i.e. Aircraft Journals, Engine Logbooks, Propeller Logbooks.
• Complete and maintain component changes records.
• Ensure the security and accountability of paperwork is maintained at all times.
• Provide a high level of customer service to Flight Operations, Quality Control, Maintenance, and corporate offices.
• Keeps records of usage and time intervals between inspections, life limited overhauled components.
• Update flights daily and perform a daily audit for accuracy.
• Responsible for Continued Airworthiness and safety of aircraft.
• Tracking of TBO and inspection interval of aircraft components as well as positing in historical/status records as appropriate of completed inspection/repair/replacement.
• Monitor aircraft configuration status, weight and balance and aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, yearly reports as assigned.
Other / General Duties
• Establish and maintain program documentation such as local operating instructions, program and corporate policies.
• Edit and standardize documents written by others for content organization, style, voice, audience and consistency of format.
• Ensure servers and SharePoint is up to date with program documents and technical publications, such as Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives, Technical Assistance Requests and Maintenance Engineering Calls.
• Work to improve the archival, storage and documentation process.
• Must possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance, to perform all Technical Publication Librarian functions.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English
• Minimum required education is HS diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum two (2) years of aircraft records experience; i.e. administrative experience with maintaining aviation maintenance records, such as Production Control, Quality Assurance, or any other comparable position.
• Experience using computerized aircraft maintenance systems.
• Proficient with computer systems (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and SharePoint).
• Must be knowledgeable and conversant in aviation maintenance operations, safety and standardization/evaluation.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work independently and in teams.
• US Citizenship
• Understanding and acceptance of local customs and traditions.
• Ability to work with a multi-cultural team.
• Experience working with Mi-17 and/or PC-12 OEM Documentation.
• Experience working on with US Army Service Guidance; i.e. Regulations, Technical Manuals
• Working knowledge of ATA spec 100 and familiarization with FAR's
• Understanding of US DoD military aviation maintenance operations.
• Customer service experience.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Experience with ISO9001/AS9100/AS9110.
• Military deployment experience in the CENTCOM region.
Experience working in austere environments
Program Specific Requirements:
Candidates must be able to obtain/eligible the following.
NOTE: Failure to complete any of the actions listed below will void the terms of employment.
• A current U.S. passport, with a minimum of 18 months remaining and multiple, consecutive blank pages, before employment start date.
• Successfully passing all CENTCOM medical and training requirements. If the candidate is unable to successfully pass a medical screening, prior to their anticipated employment start date, immediate termination will be requested.
• National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) or Secret Clearance, if required
• A positively adjudicated Federal Government Investigation in order to qualify for a Common Access Card (CAC).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aviation Technical Publications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.