Leidos Corporate Information Security (CIS) has an opening for a Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to support our civilian markets. In this role the successful candidate will represent CIS interests to their assigned areas of responsibility as well as advocating on behalf of their customers for improvements in secure business operations. This “inside out” position will include executing two primary roles. This role will drive the execution of information security policy and cyber risk management activities in their area of responsibility including all CIS processes and strategic/tactical security improvement initiatives. They may be called upon to support liaison requirements during security incidents. Additionally this position will be responsible to support marketing, business capture and program support requirements requested of CIS. This is an exciting role providing both opportunity to demonstrate excellence in supporting the business while also exhibiting expertise delivering internal cyber security support services. Regular meetings in the Washington, DC metropolitan area should be expected.
- Provide senior leadership to Leidos Civil group for the implementation of Leidos information security policy, procedures, and standards throughout their business.
- Direct the execution of all Leidos security processes to support business objectives; work between CIS and Group to ensure documentation completeness and quality of engineering work.
- Governor of cyber risk consistent with delegated authority.
- Proactively identify information security deficiencies or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security. Facilitate the development of pragmatic solutions across Corporate Information Security.
- Provide communication or escalation path for information security issues identified by Corporate Information Security or the Groups themselves.
- Provide regular, timely reporting on the information security status across the supported business groups.
- Support acquisition due diligence for information security risks and support control design for integration.
- Participate in Group reporting requirements, monthly/quarterly status meetings and offsites as appropriate.
- Assist Groups in managing and preventing cyber incidents and providing incident coordination as required.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various global cyber threats to Group leadership.
- Facilitate and direct support to business support and growth initiatives including marketing engagements, proposals and short term program support in all areas of cyber defense.
- Represent Senior Director, Cyber Enablement at meetings and act on behalf of as requested.
This is a senior position requiring demonstrable senior level performance combined with education and/or applicable work experience (approximately 15+ years combined)
Direct experience with US civilian markets or transferrable experience with other US government markets
A thorough understanding of security requirements associated with doing work with civilian agencies such as DOJ, DHS, NOAA, FAA, etc.
Ability to evaluate the cyber risk of technical solutions through the analysis of architectural documents
Active US security clearance
Experience supporting US government or equivalent proposals
Experience in research and development.
Experience in non-US International markets
Experience with systems engineering, system/software development and SecDevOps
Active US TS clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.