The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division at Leidos is seeking a talented Systems Integration Engineer in our Huntsville Alabama office. The position will involve supporting Agile software development integration activities primarily for the UASGCSv4 Scalable Control Interface within the Defense Group. The candidate will be expected to contribute to systems, software and hardware integration and model based engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate- Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). In support of this program your position as a Systems Integration Lead will be to support US Army programs located in Huntsville Alabama.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Integrate various software components into single secured Linux operating system and into various associated hardware.
- Document and communicate deficiencies with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment.
- Coordinate with systems engineering and software engineering departments to remediate as designed vs. as built architecture.
- Conduct integration on software solutions that meet FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 conformance
- Responsible for the analysis of software and systems, mitigate risk and prevent integration issues
- Completion of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with at least 2 years of experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science with less than 2 years of experience. More years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with STANAG 4586, Ground Control Station software, and hardware-in-the-loop environment
- Experience with virtualization platforms and Containerization
- Deep experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, group policies, domains
- High-level knowledge in IP network protocols and troubleshooting large systems end to end
- Experience with integration on Army Unmanned Aircraft systems
- Highly skilled in Cybersecurity, DoD RMF process, and Secure Technical Implementation Guides
- Experience in a high-paced software development team supporting large DoD programs
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with systems using Data Distribution Bus (DDS)
- Microsoft MCSE
- VMware certification
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent
- COMPTIA Linux+
- COMPTIA Security+
- Experience containerizing apps with Docker and deployment with Kubernetes or similar
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.