Leidos is hiring a part time Service Desk Technician in Clinton, MS to work 20 hours a week (schedule options below). This position will support several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
Monday and Tuesday - 8am to 6pm – OR –
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri – 8am to 1pm
*Two week training in the office, with potential to work from home (during COVID) after that*
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
• Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
• Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
• Support mobility devices
• Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 2+ years of applicable work experience.
• Successful completion of a Public Trust security clearance investigation, prior to your start date with Leidos.
• Ability to maintain Public Trust security clearance.
• US Citizenship.
• Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, and MS Office 2013.
• Experience using SNOW or a similar ticketing system.
• Strong analytical and follow through skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to coordinate and get cooperation from multiple areas within IT to accomplish assignments.
• Ability to work well independently on defined tasks.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• Public Trust clearance with DOJ - ATF
• Previous Service Desk Experience
• Ability to run reports
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient. Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.