Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Splunk Specialist for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) at Ft. Meade.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- This position supports the UCSA On-Site SIEM/Splunk Support Task supporting DISA at Fort Meade, MD
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist under broad direction, designs and implements data processing systems which meet customer business needs.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist plans, schedules and coordinates project implementations and ensures that customer requirements are met.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist assists others on technical or industry-related issues. Anticipates customer problems and recommends solutions.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist applies business process improvement practices to reengineer methodologies/principles and business process modernization projects.
- The Siem/Splunk Specialist applies, as appropriate, activity and data modeling, transaction flow analysis, internal control and risk analysis and modern business methods and performance measurement techniques.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist assists in establishing standards for information systems procedures. Develops and applies organization-wide information models for use in designing and building integrated, shared software and database management systems.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist constructs sound, logical business improvement opportunities consistent with corporate Information Management guiding principles, cost savings, and open system architecture objectives.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist provides daily supervision and direction to staff.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist provides all on-site support to each cyber operational stakeholder team during regular business hours at the specified location. The on-site support shall function as the embedded Subject Matter Expert at their operational location for current and future UCSA tools.
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist helps prepare, publish, and continuously maintain On-Site Support Requirements list deliverable
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist helps prepare, publish, and continuously maintain software code and associated documentation deliverable
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist helps prepare, publish, and continuously maintain Cyber Situational Awareness Tools, Scripts, and Analytics Maintenance Plan deliverable
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist helps prepare, publish and continuously maintain Analytics Repository deliverable
- The SIEM/Splunk Specialist analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 8 years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570 and DoDD 8140, minimum of IAT II.
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Network Management is absolutely necessary.
- Experience in providing technical expertise on executive level project teams and developing technical solutions to complex problems to support the customers mission success.
- Must have experience troubleshooting, administering and maintaining large SPLUNK implementations and products.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret
- US Citizen
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves Experience with such methodologies as IDEF 0 process modeling and IDEF 1x data modeling.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.