Leidos is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to work remotely supporting the DHMSM contract. The DHMSM program provides modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. The Leidos Partnership for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking candidates for the engineering team to support a number of positions to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide senior level development, as well as support containerized microservices within a Kubernetes cluster
- Java development of microservices to implement new capabilities or enhance existing services
- Full stack implementation and support capabilities
- Provide creative problem solving of complex issues that arise in local and production environments
- Own tasks through analysis, implementation, and production deployment
- Work closely with Operations team to provide repeatable, automated process
- Support CI/CD automation related to services
- Lead and mentor other team-members through code-reviews and one-on-one sessions
- Create adequate and understandable documentation for services
- Communicate effectively across product, development, operations, and application security teams
- Leverage technical expertise and participate in the introduction of new capabilities and the enhancement or troubleshooting of existing capabilities
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies when encountered
- Work independently within a matrixed organization
- BS Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with current US Government clearance; ability to obtain and maintain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust. Federal Government requirement.
- Exposure to: Angular, Skaffold, AWS, Linux (RHEL or Debian/Ubuntu), Scripting (Bash, Python), CI/CD automation (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins), Automated unit and integration testing (e.g. Junit, Jasmine, Selenium)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Agile software development (Kanban, Scrum), including testing
- DevOps and operational support experience
- Experience with EHR system infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Experience with the following technologies is desired: Gitlab pipeline automation, Ansible, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) architecture design, deployment, migration, and sustainment, Grafana / Prometheus, AWS Managed Services, Static code analysis & quality (e.g. Sonarqube, Sqale, JArchitect, Fortify), Container/Artifact Registries (e.g. Nexus, Harbor)
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.