A Senior Web Designer should have extensive experience with the use multiple different web tools to determine best approach for web page creation, operations, management, and maintenance. Create overall management strategy and oversee implementation. Should have up to date knowledge on all current software tools available. Should have extensive experience in working with customer requirements and creating web sites. The senior web designer should be able to assure the overall look and feel of a web site and create a management strategy for keeping content fresh and up to date.
Work is performed onsite in Austin, TX. We do not provide relocation.
This candidate will be responsible for the design and development of website content including web applications and website or Sharepoint engineering. Support level duties may include the maintenance of internal/external VA websites, Sharepoint administration, reformatting of text, assuring hyperlink integrity, file transfer, and translation and posing of new material to the page involving HTML scripting.
The Web Designer, Senior will also:
- Work independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Be responsible for entire projects or processes within a technical area.
- Typically be responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Communicate with internal and client project team members.
- Works to influence team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Require a deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
- Bachelors degree (computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.) and 5 years of prior relevant experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Must be US Citizen - Contract requirement
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Unix/Linux Script
- Familiarity with web server configuration knowledge of Apache-Tomcat and Apache HTTPD
- GiTHub / Jira
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.