A Senior Software/System Architect must have extensive experience in the coordination of program and project leaders to identify requirements for system architecture. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems. Experience in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software developers, including but not limited to: platforms, coding and technical levels. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Overseeing the development team, he manages the full life cycle of the software development process. Has extensive software development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages and logic.
As the Tools Specialist, the Senior Software/Systems Architect will have a broad experience with various tools and techniques to help effectively monitor applications, systems, and services along with the underlying system architecture and infrastructure components. For this project, the Tools Specialist should have experience with and specific knowledge of several of the following tools, AppDynamics, Aternity, Cognos, DynaTrace, SNOW, SolarWinds or SolarWinds like tools. Additionally, the Tools Specialist must have familiarity and experience with Splunk which will allow you to search, analyzer, and visualize machine-generated data gathered from the websites, applications, systems logs and other performance monitoring tools etc. The tools Specialist must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements, specifically:
- Evaluate existing design and architecture details and work as part of a high performing team to validate information and make any updates to the design, architecture or systems information working with the system owners and product managers and technical support teams to ensure accurate and current data is present in the Monitoring Service Registry (MSR)
- Analyze user’s requests, requirements documents, and use cases to develop a monitoring design strategy and apply specific monitoring tools that achieve the desired results.
- Transform customer inputs and feedback into concept visualizations leveraging agile methodologies to develop and deliver iterative designs and enhance or streamline existing monitoring designs.
- Incorporate new plans, designs, and systems, into the Monitoring Service Registry (MSR) and make sure the registry is accurate and up to dates
- Coordinate among the Health BLM team, product owners and their technical support teams and other enterprise operations components such as Event Management and Incident Management teams, providing support to make decisions on technical considerations and associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- As required: Instrument fully the design as solutioned with the selected authorized toolset.
- Master’s degree (computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline) and 10 years of prior relevant experience. 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience in assessing various products, tools, and approaches for data management including interfaces, up and down stream application and systems impacts, critical business transactions and associated key performance indicators.
- Must have the ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Experience in requirements analysis, interface design, rapid prototyping, testing and evaluation, utilizing user-centered design processes
- Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices.
- Experience installing required tools and creating user and executive level tool dashboards
- Prior VA experience and familiarity with VA’s Product Portfolio
- Understanding and experience with human factor engineering
- IT Healthcare background is highly desirable
- Experience with enterprise command and control operations is also highly desirable
- Familiarity with application, infrastructure and interface performance.
- Has extensive experience in taking program requirements and is able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability applications, networks and systems.
- Ability to create overarching strategies for design and development of user interfaces that present actionable and retrospective data in a user friendly and streamlined format.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies with Scrum, and Sprint understanding is highly desirable
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.