The Leidos Civil Group is looking for an experienced Budget Lead to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) to support the Federal Aviation Administration with Financial/Budget Management in the Washington DC Office.
In this role you will assist the FAA Policy and Portfolio Planning Branch (APM-210) with financial management involving budget allocations and formulation of strategic forecasts, and track expenditures for active projects by FY, and reconcile expenditures utilizing various FAA financial systems. This will involve using financial tools and techniques to link operational benefits to financial benefits.
- Supervise a team of 10 Analysts, spread out across the 3 FAA Service Areas, HQ, and remote locations. Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection, promotion, hiring, firing, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Assist the business team with financial analysis and reporting utilizing FAA approved financial systems and software.
- Assist with planning support for out-year forecasting.
- Develop recommendations for financial traceability, sustainment, and enhancement.
- Assist with program documentation.
- Assist with review and validation of lease payments.
- Establish a tracking system for support contractors.
- Track budget authorizations, commitments, and obligations at headquarters and Service Area (SA) levels.
Additional duties that are due periodically or at the customer/contractor’s scheduled request:
- Project Status Reports
- Strategic Briefings
- Stakeholder/Customer Feedback
- Business and Tool Process Improvement Activities
- Experience with the Federal Government work environment
- Experience leading process improvement projects
- Experience preparing reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Great organization skills to prioritize, follow up, deliver, and communicate status of assigned actions.
- Demonstrated customer-facing stance. Demonstrated ability to engage customers to resolve root cause issues in a positive, non-adversarial manner.
- A strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, particularly in the development of formulas, v-look ups and macros.
- Proven leadership skills, independent worker, and able to deliver with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related area and 8 to 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 to 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- Knowledge of and experience managing FAA Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN) and MS Teams
- Familiarity with FAA budget procedures and financial systems such as DELPHI, PRISM, REGIS, RPFMT, REMS, and CWP is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Financial Planning and Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.