The Leidos Civil group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer/ColdFusion Developer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Management Services Technical Requirements Analysis Team (AJG-P24). This position will be 100% remote and Full-time.
- Interface with project managers, development teams and application owners to solicit and document development requirements. Analyze and refine user and business requirements.
- Develop effective prototypes using industry standard software, creating functional wireframes and operational mockup screens.
- Assist in design, development, testing, and maintenance of web applications
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and object oriented design practices
- Experience working in Agile project environment
- Ability to conduct product presentations to individuals and groups
- Proficient with analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Assist with the development of software and system technical documentation
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment
- Strong listening skills with an open minded and team-oriented approach to design and development
High level of attention to detail and ability to follow and maintain coding standards to produce clean, readable, and well documented code
- Excellent and efficient communication in the English language
- Proven ability to estimate time and meet deadlines with little to no supervision.
Bachelor in Computer Science or related field and 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree and 6 years.
Prior relevant experience should include:
- 7 plus years of Experience with User Interface/User Experience UI/UX development for optimal user experience and efficient in responsive design patterns.
- 7 plus years of Experience with Adobe ColdFusion 18
- 7 plus years of Experience with ColdFusion Components
- Strong Knowledge of databases and structures,
- 7 plus years of Experience with Oracle 18c SQL and PL/SQL and Database Objects Tables, Indexes, Constraints, Sequences, Triggers, Views, Functions, Stored Procedures, Packages
- 5 plus years of Experience with Source control Git
- 7 plus years of Experience with MVC Framework Fuse box
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience developing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems
- 5 plus years of Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver
- 5 plus years of Experience with Beyond Compare
- 5 plus years of Experience with TOAD, SQL Developer
- 7 plus years of Experience with MS Office Suite
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Forms a plus
- Familiarity with ColdFusion Report Builder
- Knowledge of Accessibility / Section 508 compliance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.