Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Technical Editor/Publications Officer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. In this role, you will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing documents and working in a team environment to ensure policy objectives are clearly communicated to FAA personnel across the country.
The Publications Officer may be perform the following tasks:
- Review and edit documents to align with Style Guide standards
- Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
- Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
- Finalize publications
- Provide archiving support
- Track production, document and ensure workflows through the production process
- Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved
- Produce, deliver, and archive finished publications
- Relevant exposure to federal government policies and the interagency coordination process
- Previous experience editing and finishing pre-publication work products in support of a federal government customer
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
- Proven track record of collaborating with technical writers and managers across multiple areas
- Strong grammar and editorial review skills
- Deep knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Deep knowledge of production methodologies for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
- Experience working with publication tools
BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.