In the age of value-based care, Health IT is just one component of our role in the continuum of care. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we integrate engineering, science, and clinical insights with technology to develop impactful, outcome-based solutions. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
The future of healthcare is evolving at a rapid pace. The need to reduce costs, personalize treatment and improve quality is greater than ever before. The explosion of health data has created the demand for advanced analytics, predictive modeling and artificial intelligence (AI).
The Health Group at Leidos has an immediate opening for a Solutions Director - Analytics to help us define, develop, and deliver new solutions in healthcare data analytics to our government customers and launch innovative products into the healthcare marketplace. The Health Group is on the forefront of analytics solutions and we are looking for a leader to own the adoption of our next generation analytics offerings.
Working closely with Health Group executive leadership, you will establish a vision for developing and delivering our analytics solutions. You will engage with Defense and Federal Health customers -- Defense Health Agency (DHA), Veterans Affairs (VA), and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) -- to gain feedback, early market validation and adoption of our differentiated solutions.
We seek a thought leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who wants to drive success with the backing of the powerhouse of Leidos. We also are looking for a people leader who can inspire a team and operate in a fast-pace, dynamic environment. We need a strong communicator with an existing network in our customers (DHA/VA/CMS), understanding of our customer requirements and proven ability to drive new business.
- Develops action plan and designs solution offerings with support of engineering and technical resources
- Leverages personal network in Defense and Federal Health to inform strategy direction, gain feedback and shape new opportunities
- Investigate and incorporate leading technologies, backed by the technical experts in both the Health Group and the corporate AI center of excellence
- Manages schedules and conducts/facilitates project meetings, cross functional teams and third-party vendors and deliverables
- Conducts follow up actions needed to resolve critical issues impacted work stream and program deliverables
- Presents frequently to executive leadership, teams and Defense and Federal Health customers
- Prepares detailed reports and summaries specific to time reporting, project estimates and reconciliation as needed. Prepares program/ project reports and summaries as needed.
- Effectively applies PM methodology and enforces project standards
- Represent Leidos at Industry events
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years of experience in Project Management or equivalent management experience or Master’s Degree with 13 years of prior relevant experience
- Product development and sales experience in healthcare analytics with a commercial company that has delivered successfully to US Federal Government Health customers
- Background as a Data Scientist / Data Engineer with extensive experience with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (ML) in the Healthcare industry
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Recent experience working with healthcare data such as electronic medical records, medical claims, affiliation data, or other life sciences commercial or clinical data
- Strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations
- Possess strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to perform at a high level of effectiveness in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work with Program/project sponsors, Executive sponsors, supervisor/manager and other members of section or department to promote a harmonious work environment
- Successful experience managing matrix and cross functional teams
- Demonstrated thought leadership in AI/ML in Health Industry
- Vendor management experience
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Prior experience in managing customer implementations with health systems, providers or payers a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.