The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Senior Network Analyst to support the GSM-O II contract at Fort Meade, MD
In this role, you will serve as a network Subject Matter Expert to support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) with Defense Information System Network (DISN) delivery services to its customers, the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
This role will support GSM-O Tasking Number 13
Services include the core telecommunications capabilities that enable the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities.
- Resolve highly complex trend analysis and reporting in a single threaded role
- Ticket management / analysis
- Customer RFI management
- Serve as a lone representative for the team briefing analysis summaries to Agency Director or their representative
You will also:
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of the technical principles, theories, and concepts of long-haul network infrastructure design, to analyze trend data from various reporting tools and sources to identify possible trends and critical failures, develop trends and metrics reports based on the findings, and coordinate meetings and supporting presentations based on this analysis to DISA managers and Senior Managers.
- Provide management insight into trends impacting DISA Network and Computing Services to influence the development of recommended solutions to reduce outage time, identify reoccurring issues (problem management), reduce days to root cause determination, decrease implementation time for permanent fixes, decrease problems due to changes, improve management decision making, and allocate resources based on DISA priorities to effectively and efficiently address and remediate reoccurring or critical failures.
- Analyze outages, incidents, and events for possible trends.
- Develop trend reports, and participate in DISA incident and problem management teams and working groups to assist with remediation of these issues.
- Utilize experience and knowledge to conduct a full scope analysis to provide timely, informative management analytical and trending reports on DISA Network, Computing and Applications Services to provide decision support to Agency leadership and management to improve performance and service delivery.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree w/ 12 years of related experience or Master’s degree w/ 10 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with various Microsoft technologies such as MS Office 2013 and SharePoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- DoD 8750 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+)
- Ticket Management System experience (preferably GTMS or ITSM)
- ITIL V3 Foundations or ITL V4
- Experience briefing Senior Leaders
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.