The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Mobile Application Developer to provide technical expertise on a mission-critical program whose purpose is to development, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for DHS/CBP mission critical systems. Mobile App Developers requires a strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverable of projects through all aspects of the software development life cycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. The candidate should have expertise in Mobile App Development
· Bachelor's degree and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience OR a Master's degree and 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience
· Requires experience with Mobile development-Java
· Requires experience in both Front-end Mobile and Back-end RESTFUL API development
· Requires experience in development of Node JS applications
· Requires experience in both NoSQL and SQL database’s
· Must have strong application testing discipline
· Experience with Google’s Flutter engine and Google’s Dart language and similar Android/iOS framework
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Creative thinker
· Knowledge of software design patterns
· Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
· Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience with DevOps frameworks
· Must have Top Secret level clearance or CBP BI that is current.
· Experience with CBP
· AWS Experience is a plus
· Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline
· Worked in Agile environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.