Leidos is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Software System Integration Engineer to join the Engineering, Implementation, Science, Operations, and Communications (EISOC) program to support the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena, CA on groundbreaking space missions. Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses EISOC to develop new space systems and flight software, and provide engineering, training, and operations support.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working as an Integration and Test Engineer in a DevOps environment.
- Document procedures for integration, installation and usage.
- Perform deployment of software, smoke checks and document issues on target.
- Capture daily logs of activities.
- Provide support to task leads and systems engineers and developers planning and meeting milestones.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with team mates on integration and test activities, using their proficiency in software development to augment team’s effectiveness.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science OR other related discipline will be considered/accepted with a minimum of 10 years of experience leading small teams to develop software solutions.
- This position requires a U.S. Citizen individual upfront per contract requirement, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 5-10 years of working in software development, user desktop support, and front-line support on mid to large sized projects.
- Strong experience with Linux, Windows, Networking and Virtualization.
- Knowledge and experience with software Verification & Validation.
- Experience with Containers and Cloud solutions. AWS and its Application Programming Interfaces are preferred but other cloud experience may also be considered.
- Well versed in source control apps and agile workflows such as GITHUB and JIRA.
- Current DoD 8570 Tier II technical certifications.
- Experience with Virtual Machine, Linux OS, and interfacing with databases such as MySQL, python and Systems Test and Operation Language, cloud computing (AWS), and JAVA.
- Knowledge and experience with DOORs.
- Proven ability to script to automate certain test and integration using Linux platforms to dep.
- Must have Active TS/SCI security clearance upfront.
- Jenkins and/or Bamboo experience.
- Experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with evolving software/hardware infrastructure.
- Ability to serve multiple customers both on site and remotely.
- Additional IT certifications desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with co-workers and customers.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.