Leidos has opportunities at different levels for individuals who are experienced in IBM z/OS Systems Programming or looking to learn more in that area to support our Enterprise Standard Architecture V (ESA V) team.
The purpose of the ESA V task order is to provide service- oriented Information Technology (IT) support to the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), and other federal government agencies collectively termed Federal Components (FCs). This is the fifth iteration of the ESA program. Leidos provides an integrated, manageable, scalable, and flexible solution that meets the FCs core support services and that maximizes the use of commercially-available provisioned service solutions such that the purchase of new infrastructure uniquely for the ESA V task order is minimized.
Skills Development for Junior level professionals interested in Mainframe IBM System Programmers:
Train as an IBM z/OS Systems Programmer. The Systems Programmer will work with experienced professional to perform technical tasks; support IBM z-series mainframe utilities tools and storage; and support mission critical mainframe infrastructure to ensure uninterrupted service delivery:
The training will cover these broad mainframe support areas:
- Support and manage all aspects of IBM systems programming jobs, scheduling, network, disk, installation and troubleshooting
- Maintain and delivery mainframe operations in line with current production schedule and operations
- Build skills to support and execute complex jobs and actions to prevent outages and service interruptions
- Work with experienced IBM system programmers to learn operations and support knowledge transfer to support staff
Training will be focused on the following proficiency and skills:
- z/OS Mainframes commands supporting job control, scheduling, and scripting
- z/OS mainframe tools and utilities
- DB2 and CICS Support
- z/OS performance monitoring tools
- Mainframe Hardware, DASD Subsystem hardware and virtual tape hardware
- Mainframe security software
- Mainframe vulnerability scanning
- Mainframe software upgrades
Mid-Level professionals will have experienced and build upon foundational skills in systems programming which include:
- Build upon experience and exposure to z/OS programming languages such as Assembler and COBOL
- Expand knowledge in z/OS Mainframe proficiency with MVS Commands, WLM, JCL, REXX, CLIST, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, IPCS, STC’s, batch processing, dump reading, etc
- Build proficiency with z/OS with mainframe tools such as FDR, MVS QuickRef, InSync, StarTools, ConnectDirect, ASG-OutBound, TN3270, Scheduling and Automation Software and FTP Client Software
- Expand skills with z/OS performance monitoring tools such as IBM’s Omegamon, BMC’s MainView, or similar tools
- Expand skills to support mainframe software upgrades
- Expand skills to support Mainframe Hardware, DASD Subsystem hardware and virtual tape hardware
Senior level professional have hands-on experience with all skills defined under mid-level professionals:
- Have solid hands-on experienced with all skills described under mid-level professional
- Build proficiency with Database Administration activities such as object creation, deletion, alter, updating, reorgs, unloads, reloads, image copies, backups, recoveries, etc
- Build proficiency with WebSphere, CICS and DB2 on z/OS
- Exposure to Mainframe security software such as CA Top Secret, ACF2, RACF and using them to protect z/OS resources
- Exposure to mainframe vulnerability scanning for databases and z/OS configurations
- Exposure to z/OS mainframe fail-over and fail-back to/from a DR site
*Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.