Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire a Logistics Professional, specializing in property management, resource planning, acquisition and control, and production management, to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications.
This position requires a candidate with a current Secret clearance.
- Identify and evaluate drawings, technical manuals and other documents to support material acquisition.
- Work directly with product buyers to acquire and schedule delivery of required components
- Review purchase orders and shipping documents to ensure accuracy
- Support day-to-day interactions with contracted vendors/suppliers to review product availability, ensure timely delivery and to support performance improvement
- Reduce cost of production by improving lead times, reducing stagnation, and meeting schedule needs
- Create logistics to expedite prompt delivery and control of ordered material.
- Prepare logistics to deploy and stock materials and spares in support of low rate/limited production requirements.
- Maintain and manage records of equipment, components, repair parts and related materials.
- Develop forecasts for facility, vehicle, staffing and/or material handling equipment needs in order to improve cost, utilization, service, and production efficiencies
- Maintain logistics management information databases/inventory tracking system
- Evaluate effectiveness of current logistical processes.
- Propose logistics solutions to improve efficiencies related to material acquisition, delivery and control.
- Provide monthly logistics metric reporting for management review
- Record and maintain assessment and logistics audit findings, minutes, and action items
- Support configuration status accounting
- Maintain status accounting records to ensure that current and historical configurations of delivered products can be accurately determined throughout the product life cycle
- Requires a BA degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret clearance
- Knowledge and experience in material planning, acquisition and control
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software & hardware troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Team player, but with strong leadership skills
- BS in Business Administration or related administration/management degree desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:Z43,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.