Leidos has a current opening for a Credentialing Mission Lead in Colorado Springs to assist TSA on the OPTIMA Program.
- This is a lead position for O&M for several individual systems. The person filling this position should have technical management experience that cover: Unix; Solaris; Seibel, Oracle, IBM DB2-desired. Program management experience required but PM certification desired but not essential. Experience with network management desired.
- Perform project management for the full project lifecycle development and implementation of technical activities that ensure successful project completion for highly complex work or teams larger than 15 people.
- Serve as the point of contact and client interface for project technology related issues.
- Perform all project management functions; including work breakdown and cost estimation, scheduling, monitoring and tracking of technical progress against the defined timetables and budgets, and staff assignment and development.
- Lead and direct the successful delivery of application development, systems integration, and product installation/customization services while ensuring that assigned projects adhere to the approved life cycle work patterns, standards, and procedures for solution delivery.
- Supervise and manage staff assigned to the project, assigns and directs their activities.
- Manage activities of subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution.
- Define and implement development plans for assigned projects in order to increase staff’s knowledge and skills in the areas relevant to the teams' work such as project management, analysis, software development, or testing).
- Provide hands on support during various stages of the lifecycle to include requirements analysis, testing and potentially programming support.
- Identify and assess new functional capabilities supporting engineering change proposals and additional follow on work.
- Identify, track, manage, and communicate risks and issues with stakeholders and upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree recommended but not required/ equivalent experience in lieu of degree and at least 8 years over all experience.
- 5 years experience managing multiple projects and technologies
- ITIL V4 Foundation & ITIL V4 MP preferred
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- ITIL V4 Foundation or ITIL V4 MP, good communications skills. Will assist with delivery of orals for contract selection bidding process
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.