Leidos is looking for a Program Coordinator to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. We are using Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. The multi-year program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The Program Coordinator will provide direct day-to-day support to the Leidos Program Management Office (PMO) of this large, complex, technical development, integration, deployment, execution, and sustainment program. The selected individual will serve as the focal point for providing operational assistance and advisory services and will be responsible for providing programmatic administrative support for the daily operations for both the PMO and the large staff member workforce located in multiple Maryland and CONUS locations.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Define, implement and provide guidance/training on PMO processes and policies.
- Develop, document, and implement new administrative processes that incorporate expanding requirements for various practices such as onboarding, purchasing material, updating security accesses, requests for training, etc.
- Research needs and gather requirements for special projects needed to support the program’s large technical workforce and work both independently and with Program Leads in developing and executing solutions.
- Work with Program Managers and Team Leads in making appropriate decisions regarding priorities that impact the technical workforce.
- Create and update meeting slides and documentation, and facilitate meetings when necessary for customer reviews, independent program review (IPR), internal program technical and PMO meetings, staffing, Agile meetings (Daily Stand-up (Scrum), Sprint Planning, Program Increment Planning, etc.), etc.
- Complete and/or assist with staffing activities, including the collection of suitable candidate resumes, scheduling of candidate interviews, management of interview feedback, new staff in-processing (badging, CPRL, charge number, orientation, etc.), staff out-processing, coordinating with team leads, and coordinating with Leidos Recruiters, Human Resources, and Security Personnel to ensure all components of the staffing process come together effectively and efficiently.
- Act as POC for staff members in Maryland and at external states/sites for all administrative-related needs and questions, and determine when items need to be escalated and to whom.
- Enhance the program SharePoint site, to include gathering requirements, prioritizing completion order, and developing and implementing SharePoint Tools and workflows.
- Act as the PMO point of contact for last minute, quick-response requests for information from Management, customers, and internal technical teams.
- When necessary, respond to programmatic issues that surface by independently determining who needs to be called and what actions need to be taken.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete and support goals and strategic initiatives.
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training.
- Support the program through effective facilitation, tracking, documenting, and reporting to ensure the program meets organization goals and requirements.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across the program and across the Operation and build relationships with stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Experience providing support on a contract in a DoD environment.
- Detail-oriented aptitude with a strong ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/e-mail).
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with SharePoint/Web portals.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures for producing and maintaining documentation, correspondence, records and deliveries.
- Must be able work without direct supervision and possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with personnel at all levels.
- Ability to excel in high visibility situations and work effectively under the pressure of rigid deadlines.
- Excellent, demonstrated innovation and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and initiative in providing programmatic administrative support for the daily operations of the PMO.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience managing SharePoint sites and permissions.
- Experience providing support for CONUS and OCONUS TDYs.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.