Looking for work life balance? Leidos offers that and so much more!
At our customer’s remote test site at White Sands Missile Range, NM we are looking for a Facilities Technician to perform a variety of site and test support functions for an applied R&D contract. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing interesting testing in a combination of office, indoor test facility, and outdoor test environments.
Fun roles you will get to do:
• Perform facility maintenance, including maintaining a Class 100 cleanroom during the week and weekend.
• Perform upgrades to facilities as needed, working with other contractors and Government personnel.
• Fabricate and stage test apparatus, including coordination with heavy equipment.
• Prepare items for testing, including painting and media blasting.
• Participate in testing activities, including camera operation and safety coordination.
• The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
This is you:
• High school diploma
• Current driver’s license
• Working knowledge of power tools, including band saws, drill presses, and hand tools
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• Must be able to work on weekends as needed
• Good computer skills using MS Windows are required
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience with military test site operation
• Experience with maintenance of cleanroom facilities
• Installation/repair of plumbing and HVAC systems
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.