Leidos is a Fortune 500 company delivering systems and solutions to customer within the civil, defense, health, and intelligence sectors, as Leidos Industrial Engineers Limited we sit within the Civil Group a leading global infrastructure, systems, and security provider. At Leidos Industrial Engineers Limited we provide systems integration for the group, innovative automation and controls systems across the whole of the Automotive industry as well as Process, FMCG, Logistics, Construction and infrastructure industries. We are at the forefront of developing automation solutions leveraging our expertise with Industry 4.0 disciplines including digital twin, virtual commissioning and smart factory solutions.
Our success is built on our highly valued people who are passionate about customer satisfaction, who foster a winning ‘can do – get it done’ culture and who support our core values of Integrity, Inclusion, Innovation, Agility, Collaboration and Commitment.
We focus on continuous improvement and excellent execution in everything we do with innovative leadership embracing the highest level of ethics and integrity.
We are currently actively looking for an accomplished Sales Engineer and would love to hear from talented candidates who are passionate about working for a dynamic international business and share our passion and value our culture. This is a pivotal new role to drive business growth in our general automation sector.
What you will be doing:
Reporting directly to the Business Development Director the primary responsibility of this position is to provide and drive business growth in both Automotive and our general automation sector, including offering responsive and competent support to the overall sales team, agents and customers as required.
- Account responsibility for existing and prospective customers driving sales of products, solutions and services to increase our automation market penetration in areas such as Automotive, Logistics, FMCG, Packaging, Handling, Automated Car Park and Modular Building Construction industries
- Drive growth initiatives and proactively supports vertical and horizontal activities to achieve both individual, department and P&L targets
- Support the development and implementation of the Leidos Industrial Engineers Limited global sales and business development strategy
- Maintain reporting and ensure proper utilization and update of the sales and customer relationship management tools including SalesForce
- Support and co-ordinate activities with other Leidos resources i.e. Bids & Proposals
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- A thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical automation with the ability to visualise and discuss solutions with confidence
Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrable business and financial acumen
- Proven cost management and sales productivity experience
- A strategic mindset
- A collaborative approach with the ability to adapt and lead change courageously
- Security clearance is an advantage but not essential as applications will be made
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary including performance bonus and package with Car Allowance
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience across the general automation space and other market sectors
- Access to our brand-new bespoke Head Office facility that will showcase our solutions with 'state of the art' customer facilities
- The opportunity to be part of a growing global Organization
Depending upon candidate home location the role will be based from either our Bedford centre of excellence hub or home based in addition role includes regular travel to other locations within the UK and worldwide, therefore a valid passport and full driving licence is mandatory.
Additional information: Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess current eligibility to live and work within the EEA.
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.