Leidos is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Software Test Engineer to join the Engineering, Implementation, Science, Operations, and Communications (EISOC) program to support the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena, CA on groundbreaking space missions. Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses EISOC to develop new space systems and flight software, and provide engineering, training, and operations support. The selected candidate for this position will perform all levels of testing per established procedures and requirements as directed by the Test Team Leader.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating automated test cases to verify system level functional and performance requirements.
- Integration and execution of automated frameworks to support System integration testing.
- Develop and deliver automated test reports as part of project readiness reviews.
- Utilize project tools to document all test plans and test cases.
- Execute manual regression testing suites.
- Support operational readiness tests and user acceptance testing.
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, OR similar technical discipline will be considered/accepted with a minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- This position requires a U.S. Citizen individual upfront per contract requirement, who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Minimum of 3 years of software testing experience.
- Demonstrated experience delivering automation test frameworks and automated test cases.
- Experience with at least one test automation tool and/or frameworks, such as Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, SoapUI, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS and cloud environment.
- Familiarity with team collaboration and configuration management tools such as Subversion, Jira, Confluence, and Redmine.
- Ability to write code to test APIs and interfaces.
- Solid experience documenting Test Plans and Test Cases including requirements traceability matrix.
- Experience using Linux/Unix with scripting language (python, csh, perl, etc.).
- Experience building SQL queries.
- Experience with and understanding of the software testing standard concepts, such as requirements verification, configuration management, and unit testing through acceptance testing.
- Able to develop test cases and execute manual test case procedures utilizing TestRail or similar test tracking tool.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with and comfortable with Linux commands, all testing happens on a Linux cluster.
- Experience with writing a test plan, tracking testing, and organizing it into a test report.
- Experience with dynamic work spaces, the project plans change often and quickly so to be successful the candidate will need to be flexible.
- Requires someone who has experience in software QA, this person will need to be organized and responsible.
- Self-motivated and curious, there are many different things to test, including new software that is not yet documented, the successful candidate will need to be proactively learning about the systems and reaching out to other team-members for additional information as needed.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience in Python, SQL and/or csh.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and TestRail.
- Experience in automating processes using design, implementation and testing of scripts.
- Experience with DevOps/Agile/Scrum.
- Working knowledge of software configuration management and issue tracking tools.
- Basic technical understanding of Object-Oriented Programing (C, C++, Java, etc.), Databases (Oracle/MySQL), SysML/UML modeling languages, and MathLab.
- Ability to complete detailed, accurate work under time pressure.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.