There is no better time than now to take your HR career to the next level. We are growing and Leidos is currently seeking a Human Resources Business Manager (HRBM) to join our Exploration and Mission Support (EMS) Operation in our Civil Group to help design and deliver on talent needs to drive organizational performance and growth. The HRBM will work at the division level to understand the business and how to drive workforce initiatives that lead to business success. EMS is comprised of 3,000 employees and approximately $780M in revenue. The HRBM will work to fulfill the company’s mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through its use of information technology, engineering, science in the domains of federal and commercial health-related customers.
The HRBM will work with the Civil IT division which is comprised of nearly 1,200 employees. It is an exciting opportunity to partner with a dynamic business in the design and delivery of HR Solutions in a fast-paced and growing environment. The HRBM will team in driving projects and initiatives to include new program start-ups, partner with business development on new business proposals as well as training and development, inclusion and diversity and employee engagement. The position will require the development of strong working relationships in order to effectively diagnose and address objectives on existing and new business, providing an opportunity to work with multiple functions. The HRBM will leverage additional matrixed HR SME’s from Centers of Expertise to diagnose organizational needs and deliver high quality and efficient services and solutions to the client.
- Provide HR guidance to support the overall mission and HR service delivery for a complex organization of approximately 1300 employees
- Provides strategic and hands-on support to maximize effective client partnership, workforce planning, talent management, organizational effectiveness, and compensation, compliance and best practices for the successful growth of the organization.
- Experience working with management of all levels, to include first-level supervisors all the way through to senior-level management
- Proactive solution designer with demonstrated experience leading and driving change within client groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong professional demeanor and strong consultative and communication skills
- Serve as a confident change agent and proactively recommend new practices or changes in the best interest of the organization.
- Exercises leadership capabilities to provide direction and execute action plans effectively; Coaches and influences decisions toward positive outcomes.
- Manage employee relations cases.
- Collaborate to anticipate business requirements and develop strategic plans to support the achievement of current and future objectives
- Partner with the HR Centers of Excellence to ensure effective alignment to achieve goals and organization results. Plan, communicate, execute and support HR initiatives including talent management, leadership development, diversity and inclusion, training, performance management, salary planning, training, etc.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Ability to quickly build business and organizational acumen and an understanding of business’ overall strategy and operations to effectively manage organizational and business needs and challenges.
- Ability to travel 10-25% to CONUS locations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must have broad HR expertise and strong business acumen, well-versed in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively and influence senior leader decisions
- Proven ability to think strategically, provide direction, manage multiple projects and execute in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consult and provide end-to-end employee relations support
- New business experience: capture, proposal and new program implementation
- Advanced user of Microsoft product suite with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working for a Government contractor or other highly-regulated environment
- HR professional certification a plus
- Experience partnering with technical leaders
- Knowledgeable in HRIS systems, Workday preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:HR Business Partner
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.