Leidos is seeking a candidate to serve as the technical lead of the NASA NEST Configuration Management team. As the technical lead of the configuration management team, the candidate will identify ways to track the assets in the technology-driven, fast-paced NASA computing environment. The candidate will work with other NEST Team members and Leidos program to utilize proven ITIL-based processes to identify tools and processes to support the efficient maintenance of the assets stored in the NASA change management database (CMDB). The candidate will work with NASA and NEST team members to generate timely reports to enable all parties to get up-to-date views into the NASA and NEST assets. The candidate will use ServiceNow and other tools to verify that the CMDB contents are accuracy and current. This position will give the candidate exposure to the inner workings of the NASA environment through the tracking of the keys assets used to support that environment.
• Serve as the technical lead of the NEST configuration management team.
• Learn the tools used to support the NASA NEST environment and learn how those tools can be used (or improved) to support the timely gathering of asset data. The candidate will also be responsible for identifying ways to help automate the ServiceNow CMDB population.
• The candidate will leverage their detailed knowledge of IT enterprise infrastructure and the infrastructure elements to help create the CMDB and its related hierarchy. The CMDB will be stored in the NASA ServiceNow instance.
• As the technical lead of the configuration management team, the candidate will work across various NASA , other contractor, and the NEST teams to gather the data required to populate the CMDB.
• The candidate will work with NASA and other contractors to help gather the required CMDB information.
• ServiceNow CMDB knowledge is required
• Demonstrated experience in populating a ServiceNow CMDB, including a knowledge of reconciliation methods.
• Detailed knowledge of client-server architectures and data center components - Windows/Linux servers/desktop and macOS.
• Experience in leading small teams.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills - required to reach across NASA to create relationships to gather required CMDB information.
• Experience of tool integration techniques is recommended (e.g., ssh, REST, etc.)
This position requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Per the contract, U.S. Citizenship is require
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.