Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for an Access Engineer to join our CIO Services team.
In this role, you will support broad range of technologies with a focus in load balancing, remote access, full proxy, authentication services and related network services and connectivity. You will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation following defined best practices and operational workflows. You will also be responsible for supporting 2nd/3rd level end user issues, working with cross-functional teams on projects and integrations and will have a focus on automation technology to reduce manual workload and increase fulfillment responsiveness for F5 related requests.
- Collaborate with other support teams to document troubleshooting methods and improve first call resolution capabilities
- Support end user and adjacent team incidents and service requests that arrive in the Access Engineering queues. Ensure that SLOs for assigned work is met and ensure timely and proper communication with customers.
- Engage vendor support and perform packet captures, web traces and review logs
- Develop, troubleshoot, and maintain complex scripts and policies
- Identify and implement automation solutions to reduce manual workload and increase fulfillment responsiveness for F5 related requests
- Develop and maintain process, support and troubleshooting documentation related to the F5 platform and related services
- Configure, monitor, maintain and support redundant Big-IP Viprion & VE platforms, with a focus on LTM, APM modules.
- Provide expertise on the network/routing configuration and functionality of the F5 platform and it’s integration with the overall network
- Assist with the development and maintenance of roadmaps for additional capabilities, upgrades and lifecycle maintenance
- Provide input for weekly activity reports for work being performed
- Participate in on-call support rotation for major incidents related to the F5 platform and related services
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis efforts when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree coupled with 8+ years’ experience in the Information Technology arena. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong analytical and trouble-shooting skills
- Current or former network certifications – CCNA, F5-CTS or equivalent
- Advanced understanding of network routing and protocols and architecture/design to include SDDC, VXLAN, DCI, etc.
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Moderate understanding of application security principles
- Moderate knowledge of cloud technologies (both public and private) – AWS, Azure, VMware vSphere
- Moderate understanding of Remote access protocols and technologies – SSLVPN, TLS, DTLS, IPSec
- Basic knowledge of web application design – HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, AJAX
- Basic knowledge of Authentication protocols and technologies – SAML, RADIUS, Kerberos, NTLM, PKI, OTP
- Basic knowledge of the Linux environment
- Basic knowledge operating troubleshooting tools – Fiddler, HTTPWatch, Wireshark, Splunk
- ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- US Citizenship Required
- Experience with F5 LTM, APM & VPN deployments in a large Enterprise or Government environment
- Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
- Current or former Linux certifications – Linux+, LPIC-2, or equivalent.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $91,000.00 - $140,000.00 - $189,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.