Leidos is seeking a Deployment Training Manager to support the Defense Healthcare Management Systems (DHMSM) contract Training Team, in Vienna, VA. DHMSM is a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle supporting the Defense Health Agency and the deployment of a new and innovative electronic health records (EHR) system. The global deployment of our proposed EHR will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries around the world. This position provides expertise in support of training operations of the EHR system and recommends solutions to ensure the effectiveness of the DOD health care delivery to optimize productivity and efficient utilization of resources.
This individual will work directly with the Deployment Lead identifying customer training requirements, creation of the overall training strategy and execution of training program/plan to our customer. The Deployment Training Manager will also function as the Control Account Manager supporting the DHMSM Training team with responsibility for schedule and budget management of the Training deployment effort for MHS GENESIS System. In this role, working closely with our Deployment Lead, he/she will serve as the liaison between the internal team and the government client to ensure that all targets and requirements are completed on schedule and within scope.
- Report to Deployment Lead, and function as backup the Deployment Lead upon his/her absence
- Manage 3-4 Leidos employees, as well as subcontract employees.
- Manage cost projections on each wave of training costs
- Serve as the ‘Chief of Staff’ for the Training team organization working closely with the Deployment Lead assisting with management of Leidos and subcontractor professionals to deliver training content
- Assist the Deployment Lead with managing the development of the overall training roadmap
- Provide coordination between the DHMSM government deployment operations staff and on-site training activities
- Work with the Government APMs on coordination, scheduling, training standards, and overall training delivery execution and reporting
- Coordinate all training project management efforts at MTFs/sites as assigned, and provide oversight and management of Training Project Managers
- Development of training Schedules (Oversight of development of schedules with all project managers)
- At direction of the Deployment Lead, conduct needs analysis for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, student evaluation and learning assessments
- Support the Wave Training Control Account Manager (CAM), play a critical role as part of the Earned Value Management System process and will work closely with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead to define the Control Account (CA) work scope, schedule and budget
- Monitor performance of assigned Control Accounts (CA), authorizing and directing CAM work
- Establishment and maintenance of the Control Account Plan, including developing resource assignments, and identifying/documenting schedule and risk
- Verification and control of costs charged to the CA
- Conduct formal cost and schedule variance analysis and development of recovery plans
- Participate in Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and other program or management reviews
- Leverage experience with staff logistics, scheduling and provisioning for large, complex, long duration training programs
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement.
- Must have experience with SLICKS, EVMS, FFS (Firm Fixed Price) and CAM experience.
- Ability to coach /supervise CAM team members
- Strong project management experience leading teams and engaging with a highly visible customer.
- Experience with support of Training operations
- Experience with training delivery to and in healthcare delivery
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
- Ability to analyze data and information and make recommendations to program management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadlines.
- Flexible and available to travel approximately 50%.
- Experience in large scale IT deployment projects. (Preferably Government contract deployments)
- Working knowledge of EVMS, or ability to learn, scheduling processes to include use of Microsoft Project software, and integration of EVMS processes with Risk Management is preferred
- Experience with small business/third party staffing supplier relations and management desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:ADP2 / IT2
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.