Do you want to join a high performing team that values integrity, innovation, and collaboration with a company whose mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science? Are you interested making a difference by applying your software development and python skills to state-of-the-art research and development problems? The Leidos Innovations Center currently has an exciting opening for a Software Developer to work in our Beavercreek, Ohio office.
The Software Engineer will develop software and algorithms to support research and development in the areas of data analysis, sensor data exploitation algorithm development, and modeling/simulation in the radar and ladar domains. Addressing our customers’ challenging mission requirements necessitates the development of new capabilities as well as making improvements to existing systems. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to quickly develop an understanding of legacy efforts and engineer improvements to meet new requirements. Additionally, the engineer will be called upon to develop new and innovative solutions to challenging problems, helping our customers provide top notch solutions for the Warfighter. The successful candidate will work as part of integrated team, but should also be proficient at conducting independent development work.
The types of interesting things you may do:
- Develop innovative algorithms and software solutions using Python, C++, and MATLAB
- Work with signal processing experts to take prototype algorithms and make them perform in near-real-time through optimization and C++ porting
- Create software pipelines for machine / deep learning applications
- Use your skills to modify algorithms to run in embedded systems with limited memory and/or processing capabilities
- Utilize your understanding of physics and kinematics to develop software solutions including modeling and simulation
- Write and present technical information related to development activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or similar field and 4+ years of experience
- US citizenship
- Proficient at developing in a Linux environment including virtualization and containerization
- Familiarity with Gitlab
- Baseline understanding of kinematics and physics
- Strong communication, documentation, and organization skills
- Active SECRET clearance is desired, with an ability to obtain a TS//SCI clearance
- Master’s degree (or higher)
- Two years’ experience in software development
- Real-time operating system experience such as VxWorks
- Application deployment experience
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning experience, especially for image classification or pattern recognition
- Open mission systems (OMS) / Common Open Architecture Radar Program Specification (COARPS) experience
AFSIM (Advanced Framework for Simulation, Integration, and Modeling) experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.