The Leidos Corporate Tax Department is seeking a Senior Manager of Income Tax Operations to join our team of tax professionals supporting our Corporate Office located in Reston, VA. This position will report to the VP of Income Tax Operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and reviewing the worldwide income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis. You will coordinate with the financial statement auditors to successfully complete their review or audit for each reporting period. He/she will oversee and manage Leidos’ co-source arrangement for all domestic income tax compliance. Furthermore, you will be responsible for internal SOX controls for the accounting for income taxes process. You will be expected to partner effectively with Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Consolidations and applicable business departments on various projects as needed.
The ideal candidate must possess strong experience with income tax compliance and accounting for income taxes, including the financial reporting aspects.
Please note that this is a partial telecommute position and you're expected to work from Reston - VA once a week.
- Manage and review the worldwide income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Reduce risk through diligent adherence to SOX Controls and revising them as the business and processes change.
- Coordinate with the financial statement auditors to successfully complete their review or audit for each reporting period.
- Properly account for and identify opportunities arising from new legislative and administrative guidance and new accounting standards.
- Coordinate between internal personnel and our co-source provider in obtaining information in order for our co-source provider to meet their requirements under our arrangement with them, including the filing of all domestic income and franchise tax returns.
- Provide advice on the proper accounting for income taxes related to transactions or other issues.
- Review the income tax account roll-forward on a quarterly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with reviewing the quarterly foreign tax provision and incorporating the results into the worldwide income tax provision.
- Engage with the Tax Planning Team and outside advisors to reduce the Company’s ETR and cash taxes.
- Review cash forecasts prepared by our co-source provide and communicate the results to Corporate FP&A and Government Compliance.
- Ensure our co-source provider and internal personnel are timely making income tax payments and filing income tax returns.
- Initiate ideas and propose implementation plans to streamline processes and procedures.
- Assist in responding to federal, state and international tax audits in order to effectively defend tax positions taken by the Company.
- Lead and manage the performance and development of tax staff.
- Establish relationships with business units and peer level business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Taxation with 15+ years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend, specializing in corporate taxation.
- CPA or MST is required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience, with demonstrated ability to mentor staff.
- Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge of tax laws in Federal, International and State Income Tax and of Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740).
- Exceptional project management skills are required, with proactive process improvement experience.
- Strong computer and technology skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong accounting/finance background is required.
- Energetic and have a high sense of urgency while working on projects.
- A quick learner who is willing to take on new challenges and roles.
- A high level of confidence and integrity, detail oriented, creative and self-motivated, able to take a hands-on approach to problem solving and a team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and Hyperion (or similar systems) are a plus.
- OneSource experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.