Varec is currently looking to add a Systems Engineer to our team in Norcross, GA near Atlanta
The Systems Engineer:
- Executes implementation of fuel automation solutions for the oil and gas industry at customer site
- Assists with projects/programs from design and development to production. The engineer may be required to research and propose hardware and software components for projects.
- Deploys system solutions that meet documented requirements; defines schedule for project/program implementation, consults with and directs site personnel, and may be responsible for engineering site specific solutions and issue resolution.
- The system engineer must be able to work independently requiring minimal assistance from the rest of the systems integration team to accomplish daily project objectives.
- The system engineer must be able to work independently on larger, more complex projects with minimal assistance from the systems engineering team.
- As required and available, the system engineer will assist others on the system integration team to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Performs work such that schedules, project deliverables, goals, and milestones are met
- Follows strategies outlined for risk mitigation and contingency while implementing projects
- Completes and maintains project documentation including but not limited to schedule, budget, communications, daily site reports, backups, site drawings and other related documentation.
- Assists in identifying and resolving project issues while on site. Engineer will be responsible for the analysis and evaluation of issues.
- Addresses somewhat complex technical issues/problems using internal best practice and through collaboration with colleagues.
- Explains technical solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that require depth of technical knowledge, but are typically limited in complexity.
- Provides second-tier technical support for critical application and data center issues, including off hours as needed. May be required to engineer new or temporary solutions to resolve high priority issues.
- Performs other job-related duties and works on special projects as required
- This position requires extensive travel, domestic and international, and may include travel to high-risk areas. Differential allowances (Hazardous and Hardship Pay) may apply for hours worked while on travel to certain areas, as specified by DoD guidelines.
- BS degree in a related discipline and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider 4 years of working experience in lieu of degree (ie if no degree, should have minimum 6 years of related experience to be considered as qualified).
- Must have experience with PLC/SCADA system design and programming to include Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers and displays
- Must have great communication skills, be self-motivated, attentive to detail, possess the ability to work in a team environment, and have excellent organizational skills
- Analyze customer processes, drawings, and schematics to understand customer processes and determine solutions to resolve customer issues. Design and implement solutions to include transition planning. Provide documents, to include wiring diagrams, system schematics, operation guides, and logical process execution to customer.
- Experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Windows Operating Systems, including security configuration, networking, setting up domains, Windows Group Policies and Active Directory
- Must have excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access
- Candidate must be capable of and willing to follow agency and company procedures
- Ability to travel at least 75% to sites
- Some sites have restrictions and guideline with unescorted access, which may include US Citizenship or Green card holder to go onsite to perform work unescorted. Must be able to meet this requirement.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of FuelsManager® suite of products
- Experience with Windows 10 Servers and SQL Server 2012 - current
- Strong background with LAN and WAN communications, including WLAN and GPRS wireless technologies
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware architecture and Windows Operating Systems in a multi-system environment
- Experience with control software suites such as Kepware connectivity suites
- Deep understanding of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of technical domain and has broad understanding of other related specialty areas.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.