Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos is seeking a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Splunk Principal Information Engineer for a position as part of a team supporting the Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Applies an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis or across a major sector of the enterprise.
- Develops analytical and computational techniques and methodology for problem solutions.
- Utilizes performance analysis to predict performance trends, and identify unique and systemic performance anomalies.
- Provides specialized knowledge of systems operations, risk management principals, and leading-edge industry technologies to develop enterprise level migration and consolidation plans that result in minimum risk, optimum performance solutions.
- Interfaces with all levels of IT customer and operations staff.
- Performs process and data modeling in support of the planning and analysis efforts using both manual and automated tools; such as Integrated Computer-Aided Software Engineering (I-CASE) tools.
- Applies reverse engineering and re-engineering disciplines to develop migration strategic and planning documents.
- Provides technical guidance in software engineering techniques and system design and technology issues relating to system migration and consolidation.
- This position supports UCSA On-Site SIEM/Splunk Support Task.
- Provide all on-site support to each cyber operational stakeholder team during regular business hours at the specified location. The on-site support shall function as the embedded Subject Matter Expert at their operational location for current and future UCSA tools.
- Prepare, publish, and continuously maintain On-Site Support Requirements list deliverable
- Prepare, publish, and continuously maintain software code and associated documentation deliverable
- Prepare, publish, and continuously maintain Cyber Situational Awareness Tools, Scripts, and Analytics Maintenance Plan deliverable
- Prepare, publish and continuously maintain Analytics Repository deliverable
- Analyzes and recommends resolution of security/IA problems on the basis of knowledge of the major IA products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and knowledge of the IA disciplines.
- BA/BS in a technical discipline with at least 12 years of experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Can be waived if approved by the Prime.
- Active Secret Clearance Required with ability to obtain a Top Secret
- US Citizen
- Qualified IA personnel IAW DoDD 8570 and DoDD 8140
- Demonstrated expertise in Federal Government Network Management is absolutely necessary.
- Must have experience troubleshooting, administering and maintaining large SPLUNK implementations and products.
- Experience in providing technical expertise on executive level project teams and developing technical solutions to complex problems to support the customers mission success.
- Experience with DISA Network Enclaves
- Has experience with such methodologies as IDEF 0 process modeling and IDEF 1x data modeling.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.